- Michigan Infant Mortality. 1990- 2010 Michigan Resident Birth and Death Files, Division for Vital Records & Health Statistics, Michigan Department of Community Health.
- Committee on Understanding Premature Birth and Assuring Healthy Outcomes, Board on Health Sciences Policy. Preterm Birth Causes, Consequences, and Prevention: Institute of Medicine of the Academies. The National Academies Press: Washington D.C., 2007.
- Hamilton BE, Martin JA, Ventura SJ. Births: Preliminary Data for 2010. National Vital Statistics Reports for the National Center for Health Statistics, 2011 (vol 60).
- March of Dimes 2013 Premature Birth Report Card: Michigan. National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), 2012 preliminary, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006 final birth data. Retrieved on November 11, 2013
- March of Dimes. National Center for Health Statistics, final natality data. Retrieved November 11, 2013
- Hassan SS, Romero R, Vidyadhari D, et al. Vaginal progesterone reduces the rate of preterm birth in women with a sonographic short cervix: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2011;38:18-31.
- Romero R, Nicolaides K, Conde-Agudelo A, et al. Vaginal progesterone in women with an asymptomatic sonographic short cervix in the midtrimester decreases preterm delivery and neonatal morbidity: a systematic review and metaanalysis of individual patient data. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2012;206:124 e1-19.
- Cahill AG, Odibo AO, Caughey AB, et al. Universal cervical length screening and treatment with vaginal progesterone to prevent preterm birth: a decision and economic analysis. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010;202:548 e1-8.
- Werner EF, Han CS, Pettker CM, et al. Universal cervical length screening to prevent preterm birth: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2011;38:32-37.